Featured Articles

An Internet of things turns to the right

Control and automation are long-time centers of gravity for rig innovation. But high tech is redefining both with remarkable advances in safety, efficiency and operational capabilities.

What industry leaders expect for 2019

By all measures, most of 2018 has been an improvement on 2017, which was markedly better than 2016.

Permian producers become "victims of their own success"

Despite a few recent snags, Permian basin production should continue its upward trend through 2019.

Tunisia Pushes Forward with New Pipeline

Tunisia is positioning itself to be North Africa’s next gas producing and processing hub as the country anticipates the soon-to-be completion and commissioning of the 230-mile (370-km) Southern Tunisian Gas Pipeline,

Oil set for first annual decline since 2015 after turbulent year

Oil headed for its first annual decline since 2015, slumping more than 20% in a turbulent year that saw fears of supply scarcity turn to expectations of a surplus.

Oil bulls cap wackiest year-end in decade with bet on 2019 rally

Hedge funds are keeping their cool in the most tumultuous end of the year for oil since the 2008 financial crisis, betting on better days ahead.

Saudi Arabia plans spate of water project privatizations in 2019

Saudi Arabia plans to tender or award six water-related projects in 2019 as it pushes ahead with a privatization program that got off to a slow start.

Crude spirals to 18-month low amid global economic concerns

Crude fell to the lowest level in a year and a half as concerns over the global economy and turbulence in Washington overshadowed signals from OPEC that it may deepen output cuts.

Hess market cap plunges $1.5 billion, Exxon vessel blocked by Venezuelan protest

Hess Corp. tumbled the most in almost three years, wiping out $1.5 billion in market valuation, after work at the oil explorer’s most promising international investment was halted by a Venezuelan blockade.

Hard Rock Completes Gas Pipe Crossing Under Rio Grande

Every long HDD installation has something that sets it apart from other projects, but few involve crossing international boundaries.

Pipeline Replacement Projects Still Boosting Infrastructure Work

A large volume of work remains in the United States for multibillion-dollar infrastructure replacement programs, with many now underway and more destined to follow. In this summary report, P&GJ provides an overview of the current widespread activity.

Select NGL recovery and optimization technologies using simulation and algorithm

It can be difficult to find common criteria for the design of NGL recovery plants. Many processes are available in the market for NGL recovery. These processes typically utilize cryogenic-turboexpander-based processes with one or more reflux streams

New in Gas Processing Technology

The American Petroleum Institute (API) issued a statement regarding the US Environmental Protection Agency’s release of data from its Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Reporting Program report

Global Project Data

Energy Web Atlas is tracking nearly 100 active gas processing/LNG projects in the US. Approximately 40% of these projects are for the construction of LNG export terminals, while the remaining 60% are for the construction of new infrastructure to process additional domestic shale gas production.

Viewpoint: The opportunity for greater growth and value—Considerations for crude-to-chemicals projects

Industry players are focused on upgrading to higher-growth, higher-value chemical products. One approach to achieve this on a large scale is crude-to-chemicals facilities.

Details on high-impact refining and petrochemical projects presently under construction, as chosen by HP editors and readers

The global hydrocarbon processing industry (HPI) continues to expand and modernize to efficiently meet growing demand for energy, transportation fuels and petrochemicals.